Best Hair Extensions in Vancouver
Get the gorgeous hair of your dreams! If you are looking for volume, length, or for a creative change, hair extensions are for you! We offer a variety of different hair extension options to suit your lifestyle and hair needs. We will help you make the decision on which one is best suited for you.
At Paul B Hair, quality is of the utmost importance. For this reason, we use Indian Temple Hair (Remy Hair, it is collected ethically and fairly from temples across India.), which means that all hair cuticles face the same direction which reduces the possibility of tangling making the hair easy to maintain, last longer, and resistant to an active lifestyle. Preserving the hair cuticles and aligning them in a unidirectional fashion creates extensions that are completely natural in appearance.
Methods of Attachment
We offer few different types of hair extensions divided below according to the type of application/attachment.
Keratin fusion Bond
It is attached to your natural hair using a process of bonding that is a gentle application called modulating to maintain undamaged, high quality hair. The bonding material is made up of polymer chains called keratin that has a remarkably similar molecular structure to that of human hair. Keratin moves and behaves like your own hair, yet has a gentle, firm hold. It is compatible with environmental elements such as heat, water, and sunlight. Other bond systems that do not behave like keratin will not react the same to these elements and will deteriorate and fall out. This type of extensions will last for a maximum of 4 to 6 months with proper care. It can also be colored by an expert. The hair can not be reused once removed.
Double-loop/ Micro beads extensions
Double loop extensions are where the extension is attached using a small/ bead. Double loop or micro loop is like keratin bonds, the small bead is flattened after the installation and lays flat in your hair. It is extremely comfortable to wear and behave like Keratin bonds. However, these extensions are reusable, so you do not need to buy a new set every time. This type of extensions will last from 2 to 3 months before they require servicing.
Tape hair extensions are exactly how it sounds… tape applied to hair. Individual pieces, 1-to-2-inch sections have a special double sided hair tape applied to them. Then an adhesive is applied, and your hair is sandwiched in between each of these tape hair extensions. These are the flattest method there is. Tape hair extensions are for anybody. But they are the best for women who have thin hair as they are the flattest method out there. On average these extensions last 2-3 months until the need to be re-installed. The general rule is if you have 3 fingers width of regrowth its time for a tightening! How long they last also depends on how fast your hair grows and how well you take care of them. Hair can be reused. These extensions do not damage your hair. Damage occurs from poor maintenance, styling tools, and poor removal techniques from inexperienced technicians.
Clip in extensions
Our Clip-in Extensions are made from high quality real human hair. This option provides you with beautiful, healthy looking hair that feels smooth, soft, and just like your real hair.
Clip-ins can be worn every day or just for special occasions. They are easy to use you can change your look whenever you please. You can customize your look; wear all pieces for a dramatic, full look, or fewer pieces for a subtle look.
Price of the hair extensions
Each look is custom and so it will vary greatly. The price can range from a few hundred to over two thousand. It will depend on the type of extensions you are having done, whether you want the extensions for length, volume, or both and how much hair you need depending on the thickness of your own hair and the desired result. The consult is necessary to give you options and costs for different solutions. As a rule of thumb, if you have thick hair or short hair you will need a larger amount of extension hair. If you do not put enough in, the hair will look too thin on the bottom and will not blend as well, especially with shorter hair. Differences in price are also related to quality/type of hair and method of attachment.
When researching hair extensions and acquiring quotes, make sure you get proper information and accurate estimates. Your technician makes the decision at the time of your consultation how much hair you need, and the price estimation is based on that. When you are given a quote, it should not change at the time of your appointment. The cost is based on how much hair is needed and the time it takes to install this amount of hair. Be wary of estimates that seem too low. This may mean that you will not get enough hair installed to make the length look thick enough to match your hair. Look for someone who will guarantee the cost based on what you want the result to be. An experienced technician will know accurately how much hair is needed and what the total cost will be.
We guarantee our estimates.
A complimentary consultation is essential at which time the hair is ordered and a 50% deposit is required.
How much hair do I need?
The amount you need will depend on how thick your own hair is, what length it is and how long you want it to be. Certain companies sell hair in “bundles” (each bundle is 25 pieces and weight around 25g), for example, and it can take anywhere from 3 to 6 bundles, or sometimes more, to add length.
Others sell it in other formats (by packages of 10 pieces / around 10 g). Disregarding the format, a typical application requires between 75g to 175g depending on the desired results.
Your extensions technician will decide how much hair you need to achieve the desired look. The most important thing you must remember is that enough hair must be added or else it will not look good.
Hair extensions quality.
There are several companies that provide human hair, ranging from low end to high end. The cheaper hair is usually over-processed, with the cuticle stripped off, so it then it needs to be coated with a silicon to imitate shine. This coating wears off quickly and the hair becomes dull and dry looking after just a few washes. At Paul b Hair, we use the best quality and work with companies that guarantee their product. We want the hair to look natural and healthy, so we want to have the best available for our clients.
- Make sure you MOISTURIZE (particularly important). The extensions do not receive your natural scalp oils and so need to have moisture added every wash. If you do not moisturize your hair extensions, they will become brittle and break easily leading to split and ratty ends. The hair itself is not difficult to comb if it is quality hair. We recommend a good moisturizer for proper maintenance especially designed for extensions.
- Treat them kindly. Just like your real hair, you want the extensions to continue to look shiny and healthy, so you do not want to yank at them with a brush, burn them with the blow dryer, or kill them with chemicals. Of course, you want to be able to use flat irons, curling irons or hot rollers, but use them sparingly with care.
- Always brush out all knots before you wash your hair, swim, or sleep. Start at the bottom and work your way up slowly using a proper brush. Do not use just any brush…we will recommend the right type of brush to use.
- Do not leave the extension hair in too long. The recommended amount of time is generally 3 months. Everyone loses from 50 to 150 hair a day which means that after a while there is not that much hair in a bond to support the weight of the extension especially with daily brushing and pulling on the extensions. If left in too long eventually your hair will break. 3 to 4 months is what most hair can handle.
- Do not excessively scrub your hair.
- Avoid tangles by drying your hair thoroughly before going to bed and comb with a wide tooth comb or pick, gently from ends to the scalp. Brush the extensions daily to prevent it from tangling, which causes pulling.
- Never color, perm or use any other types of chemicals without consulting with your professional salon hair extension specialist to prevent damage to your extensions.
- As extensions are real human hair, use common sense when caring for them as you would your natural hair, like using a special shampoo and following up with a good conditioner.